[welmac-org] Reminder - committee meeting tonight

David Empson dempson at actrix.gen.nz
Thu Nov 15 03:21:56 GMT 2012

The committee meeting will be at the Maxwell residence from about 8 pm.

I have an apology from Nick. Otherwise as far as I know everyone will be attending. (Graeme may be unable to get there but might be able to achieve remote attendance.)

Any other apologies to me please.

I was hoping to have an iPad mini to show tonight, but TNT and Apple have stuffed up the delivery due to an addressing error on Apple's part, and it has been circling around TNT's Auckland warehouses since last Thursday, despite several phone calls from me to try to nudge it along. TNT says the delay is because Apple needs to approve the corrected delivery address. On Monday, Apple said that had been done but it might take a couple of days to sort out. Three days later, no progress despite another phone call to TNT this morning.

Worst experience I've ever had with an online order. It is a personalised one, so no option to buy it any other way.

--
David Empson
dempson at actrix.gen.nz
Snail mail: P.O. Box 27-103, Wellington 6141, New Zealand