[welmac-org] Meeting presentation on iLife 06 and AGM preparation

David Empson dempson at actrix.gen.nz
Mon Feb 27 01:28:21 GMT 2006

At 12:39 AM +1300 27/2/2006, David Empson wrote:
>At 5:59 PM +1300 26/2/2006, Jo 'Mangee' Booth wrote:
>  >I just realised i've booked in to do the iLife '06 demo (and
>>prepared) - but i'm actually in Auckland for work from 7:30 am
>  >monday till wednesday night.
>  >Can you guys do it without me?
>
>We'll have to try. Graeme may have a Keynote presentation on iLife
>'06 (he hadn't downloaded it yet when I last spoke to him). I haven't
>even seen it (or iLife '06) yet, and I doubt he has either.

I've been down to MagnumMac and have picked up a demo (NFR/full
featured) copy of iLife '06, though it won't have the latest minor
updates.

I've installed iPhoto, iMovie and iWeb on my computer, but not iDVD
(can't use it), Garageband (too big) or the bonus audio stuff for use
with iMovie/Garageband.

Also got the iLife and iWork sales presentations and a 30 day trial
of iWork '06, so I'll be able to run the Keynote presentations. (I'll
probably delete Pages after tonight's meeting to save on disk space.)
Keynote should still be able to play existing presentations after the
trial period is over but won't be able to save or print anything.

I'll be getting an official copy of iWork from the Apple Sales Web,
which will not be limited in function.

I really should buy my own copy of iLife, but I'll only be using
iPhoto (grumble grumble, why should I pay for four applications I'll
never use), and it will come with my next computer anyway (whenever
that happens).

Need a bigger hard drive again!
--
David Empson
dempson at actrix.gen.nz
Snail mail: P.O. Box 27-103, Wellington, New Zealand