[welmac-org] Magazine and committee

Jo Booth jo at welmac.org.nz
Mon Feb 20 02:41:15 GMT 2006

mmm..

On 20/02/2006, at 15:28 , David Empson wrote:

> Hi folks
>
> We have the AGM coming up next Monday. Haven't had time to sort out
> the magazine early enough, so we're relying on E-Mail to announce the
> meeting to members (together with a few phone calls to those who
> don't have an email address).
>
> We will need to the magazine labelling on Wednesday night, as various
> essential people are busy every other night this week. Assuming we
> can rustle up a quorum and venue, I'm hoping we can also have a
> committee meeting that night. Can everyone please advise their
> availability.

I may be in Palmerston North that evening - but still waiting on
confirmation on a job. I'm definately out of town thurs/friday

> For next month (and post AGM, so just think about the details for
> now, and comment)...
>
> I'm considering whether we can establish a better and regular time
> for the committee meeting for the rest of the year.
>
> The only other mid-month WelMac conflict is New Media, which is the
> Wednesday after the second Monday.
>
> Other non-Wednesday options would include the second or third Tuesday
> or Thursday each month. I'm not keen on having a committee meeting on
> Friday or over the weekend.
> --
> David Empson

I'm generally flexible - but i'd love to have the meetings earlier -
as a 7pm start etc generally means I either have to kill time at work
- or go home before the meeting - which doesn't exactly cut down on
travel.
I'm meant to finish work at 4pm.. and would happily spend a couple of
hours from then.. but generally like to be home before 7pm to put my
son to bed, and get to bed by 8-9 :)

The New Media Group hasn't had a physical meeting for a while.. i've
been trying to limit my "out nights"..

Oh, BTW - i'm shifting as of 25th.. (helpers welcomed from 9am-2pm)
will be in Totara Park (further up the valley on the other side of
the river).  Landline number is changing to 5265141 and if you still
have joseph at paradise.net.nz in your address book it's time you
deleted it :)

-Jo.