[welmac-org] Magazine and committee

David Empson dempson at actrix.gen.nz
Mon Feb 20 02:28:57 GMT 2006

Hi folks

We have the AGM coming up next Monday. Haven't had time to sort out
the magazine early enough, so we're relying on E-Mail to announce the
meeting to members (together with a few phone calls to those who
don't have an email address).

We will need to the magazine labelling on Wednesday night, as various
essential people are busy every other night this week. Assuming we
can rustle up a quorum and venue, I'm hoping we can also have a
committee meeting that night. Can everyone please advise their
availability.

For next month (and post AGM, so just think about the details for
now, and comment)...

I'm considering whether we can establish a better and regular time
for the committee meeting for the rest of the year. I'd like to hold
it earlier in the month, although this will complicate the plan of
combining it with magazine labelling. There have occasionally been
problems with holding both at once (e.g. not being able to plan
meeting topics before the magazine goes to press), but it cuts down
on travel expenses.

If we want to fix a particular weeknight, then we should avoid
Wednesdays for Ed's sake. How does everyone feel about the second
Monday as a possible day? My only worry is that it conflicts with a
potential meeting night, assuming we wanted to establish another
monthly meeting (e.g. a separate Mac Help Desk meeting) and assuming
we wanted to hold that meeting on a Monday.

The first Monday each month is now tied up by the Kapiti meeting, so
we can't hold a Wellington-based meeting the same night in case
someone wants to attend both. (Certainly can't have a committee
meeting that night - Graeme can't be in two places at once!) Third
Monday is Digital Video, fourth Monday is either the main meeting or
unallocated (in two months a year with five Mondays).

The only other mid-month WelMac conflict is New Media, which is the
Wednesday after the second Monday.

Other non-Wednesday options would include the second or third Tuesday
or Thursday each month. I'm not keen on having a committee meeting on
Friday or over the weekend.
--
David Empson
dempson at actrix.gen.nz
Snail mail: P.O. Box 27-103, Wellington, New Zealand