[welmac-org] Summary of Kapiti Helpdesk 19th November.

Andrew McPherson andrew at neural.net.nz
Fri Nov 18 11:21:17 GMT 2016

On 18 November 2016 at 22:43, David Empson <dempson at actrix.gen.nz> wrote:

> In addition to those, we may see Hamish Turnbull (who has non-functioning
> email among other problems). I’ll give him a call in the morning to see if
> he’s planning to be at the help desk.
>
> There was also a query from Graeme McLaughlan (which Shane forwarded to
> me) re Xtra email problems and worry about someone having hacked his
> calendar due to an unexpected entry appearing (which I suspect is just the
> new “Found in Apps” feature in the latest OS versions). From the wording I
> assumed he had registered for the help desk but isn’t on the list. I’ll
> email him back - he said he had a meeting at the same time, so won’t be
> there until somewhat after 2 pm.

I was actually working on a short tips article for the magazine this week,
including the following lines :

If you have received icloud photo sharing or calendar spam, follow this
link :
https://9to5mac.com/2016/11/09/icloud-photo-sharing-and-calendar-spam/

----
I note that Bill Bennet, the Auckland tech journalist has had this problem
also in the last week.
It is an attempt to find out if your email address is live, as the spammers
will be notified if you respond in calendar.

--

The following is my current email public key ID :
8AB6D73B248458B5